Sunday, November 25, 2007

Yes. Yes I Did.

On chilly weekend mornings I spend a little while fantasizing about the elaborate delicious breakfast I plan to have in order to motivate myself to get out of bed. Yesterday, I dreamed up French toast made with egg nog instead of milk and topped with cherry pie filling, powdered sugar, and whipped cream. The egg nog didn't add a lot of extra flavor, but it was a wonderfully fattening way to start the day.

This morning, my idea was an omelet seasoned with dill and stuffed with salmon, capers, and heavy cream. Of course, I'm really lazy, so instead of getting up and cooking myself breakfast, I was lolling around in bed, petting the cat, when The Husband shows up with the omelet! Dizzy and I enjoyed an exceptional, custom-made breakfast in bed. Did I win the marriage lottery or what?

No comments: