Sunday, November 11, 2007

Breaking News!

In a startling development, it turns out I was sick. Huh. Who knew?

Evidently I was willing to endure weeks of digestive issues and snurfy sinuses, but once I became pathetic enough to ask members of my staff to feel me and tell me if I felt hot, I realized I really needed to go to the doctor.

The physician's assistant (who doesn't think I'm crazy) was able to see me within hours of my pitiful phone call and quickly diagnosed me with strep. She shot my butt full of penicillin and sent me on my way with a prescription for additional antibiotics.

Antibiotics are great over the long term, but when you're lying on the couch shivering and aching and burning up with fever, ibuprofen is magic. Cram enough of that down your gullet and you'll be watching Battlestar Galactica and yelling at the TV in 45 minutes flat.

Anyway, I'm in Austin for a conference tomorrow, so more about that later.

No comments: