Friday, June 06, 2008

Random Photo Friday: Bonus Edition

My complex system of random photo choosing identified this picture as my subject for this week.



However this is a picture taken during my trip with The Husband to Wichita Mountains Wildlife Refuge in October 2005, which has already been sufficiently documented in this Random Photo Friday post. So, I decided to spin the wheel again in hope of providing a new photo inspired reminiscence for you, my reader.

The next photo I chose was a self-portrait memorializing a really good haircut I got sometime in the fall of 2005. I looked absolutely adorable, but not very anonymous. Thinking that a big blurry blob obscuring pretty much the entire photograph wouldn't hold much visual interest, I decided to try again.

Finally, after tossing out a couple more photo selections that had already been posted, I switched up my picture picking strategy and came up with this to share with you, my reader. Although, if you are my reader, you were probably there when it was taken. But, you were having a good time, so that's OK.



(Everyone's face is pretty blurry or obscured here, but if any of y'all object to literally ones of people spotting you on the internet, let me know.)

This was a spur of the moment gathering on April Fool's Day, 2006, on a perfect warm evening. We never even went inside after settling in on the back porch. I don't remember what we talked about, but we were out there for hours, laughing and drinking wine. All the pictures of this night are fuzzy and softly lit (just like my memories of the event). Everyone looks beautiful and happy, and every time I look at this set of photos I feel really lucky to have such friends in my life.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I looked awesome in that shot.

UnrulyDuckling said...

Oh yes, witchypoo. I especially like that big purple hat you're wearing.

But in seriousness, I really appreciate that you're still here reading after months of neglecting this puny little blog. Thanks so much!