Friday, December 28, 2007

Losing the War on Christmas

First of all, if you would like to know exactly how much awesome The Husband brings to this marriage, please read this entry with special attention to #11. Then take a gander at this photo.



Yes, it is the much coveted blue road reflector. The Husband claims he just happened to run into it while walking down the street, but knowing him, he fashioned it out of rare sapphires that he mined himself or something equally ridiculous. Either way, you win Christmas, The Husband. Also, you rock.

Runner up for coolest present of 2007 is this box of random jewelry he scored off ebay.



I'm curious about the origin of all this jewelry because it's such a hodge podge of cool and cute and out of date and perfectly ugly, it's hard to see how this all came from one person's collection. This is my favorite piece so far.



I plan to wear these to my next monkey-oriented fashion gala.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

what is that blue thing, really?

Anonymous said...

Yes, it really is an authentic blue road reflector and yes, I really did stumble across it (literally) in the street right in front of our house.

UnrulyDuckling said...

As The Husband states, it is a blue road reflector as shown here: http://www.thatsbrilliant.com.au/

Evidently, they are an international marker for fire hydrants. In my Googling, I discovered that green ones are used to divide bicycle/pedestrian lanes. I've never seen one of those before, so I'm going to covet them instead now that I have a blue one.