Monday, October 30, 2006

Sometimes You Win

...and this is actually one of those times.

Last week I chipped in to bid on a gift package to benefit the Dallas Women's Foundation. When we split the package up I had a choice between free tickets to the Dallas Theater Center or a $50 gift certificate to Dave & Buster's. I was temporarily overcome with a mad desire to get drunk and play skee-ball for useless trinkets, so I picked the gift certificate. However, remembering Holly's effusive post about DTC's production of Cat on a Hot Tin Roof, I realized I made the wrong choice and started kicking myself.

But! Lo and behold! Just a couple of days later fictionfiend comes through with a lovely invitation to attend the show "FOR FREE" tomorrow night. Isn't it wonderful how things work out sometimes?

I wonder if she enjoys drunken skee-ball...

2 comments:

SerenitySprings said...

She might enjoy playing skeeball and watching us be drunken!

Anonymous said...

Possibly all of the above. :-)