Saturday, February 24, 2007

The Husband

It's a good thing The Husband is all cute and helpless right now because of this conversation we had yesterday:

I'm blah, blah, blahing about some potential career plans I might have. He makes a sound like he wants to say something, so I ask, "What?" He says, "Nothing. It's just that you sounded like you knew what you were talking about there for a second."

!

Anyway, poor The Husband was a victim of some slippery grass on a hill and has hurt himself pretty badly. There's nothing that makes you feel married to a person like helping him put his pants on. He couldn't make it up the stairs to go to bed last night, and it seems to have upset Dizzy Wizzy Kitty. I think she thinks cat-Mommy and cat-Daddy are fighting, what with the cat-Daddy sleeping on the couch and all. We've reassured her that it has nothing to do with her and sometimes cat-Daddies fall down and hurt themselves. It's not her fault. I doubt we'll have to resort to cat-therapy.

I can't blame The Husband too much for his surprise at my momentary articulateness (see - totally momentary). I chatter at The Husband for an hour straight sometimes. If you added up all the words I have ever said to everyone on the earth ever, it still wouldn't add up to the amount of stuff I've said to The Husband over the past several years we've been together. Rather than being insulted at his surprise when I sound knowledgeable, I'm just impressed he's still listening.

No comments: