Sunday, December 09, 2007

A Considerably Crafty Christmas

Although I lack the dedication to Pledge Handmade, I am trying to choose as many locally handmade gifts for my family as possible, including a few projects I have on my own knitting needles.

Last weekend a couple of friends, The Husband, and I checked out the Urban Street Bazaar, and I came away with some excellent finds, most of which I actually intend to give away at Christmas. So, if you're related to me quit reading now or you might spoil the surprise.

I was about ready to walk away with Kraftivity Studios' entire inventory, but I managed to select three things, only one of which I plan to keep for myself. This cherry blossom plate is finding a home on my shelf.





This little pot is for my grandmother. I think I'm going to plant an African violet in it before I give it to her.



This sad sack Santa is for my mom's stepmother. She's the type of person who can't answer the question, "How are you doing?" without tossing off a comment like, "Oh, you know. The excruciating pain and paralysis come and go, but I guess I'm fine."





I'm giving this hand painted dishtowel to my mom to add to her chicken collection. It comes from MaggieDell's Designs, which doesn't have a website, but it does have a MySpace page. They'll do custom projects, so just drop them a line if you need a barnyard animal painted on your kitchen linens.





This last plate from Superchica is mine, mine, mine. It nearly leapt off the table into my arms. I don't know exactly why it strikes me like it does, but I keep hugging it because I just love it so much.





I picked up this candle from Shambhala Body Gallery to make our house smell all Christmas-ey.



Finally, the Kitchen Beautician (who also doesn't have a website; come on people, join the 21st century) put together this basket for my girly little diva of a twelve-year-old cousin. I've been keeping all the gifts in the spare room until Christmas, and the whole place smells like roses now.


No comments: