Saturday, September 01, 2007

Random Photo Friday: One Day Late Edition

Why am I posting the Friday photo on Saturday? Just because I can! Bwa ha ha! Anyway...

Here is my lovely mother-in-law at our wedding.



I am blessed with a pretty awesome family, including the one I married into, and my mother-in-law is no exception. Despite the fact that she's been through some real crap since I've known her, she always seems to be smiling and looking for her next big adventure.

She has always made me feel welcome among her family and circle of very cool friends. One New Year's Eve she and my sister-in-law taught me how to knit. In less than 6 months, she altered my wedding dress and two of the bridesmaids' dresses and still found time to sew her own outfit.

I know this isn't how mother-in-law stories are supposed to go, so if guess if I had to complain about her I would say that her energy and creativity sometimes make me feel a little lazy and boring in comparison. Of course, I'm totally lazy and boring so the fact that she only makes me feel a little bit that way still speaks to how awesome she is.

No comments: